NVR BANDWIDTH AND STORAGE CALCULATOR
Note: To do 24 hour recording simply keep the hours/day at 24. IF you want to do Record on Motion ONLY then do a % of 24 hours (50% motion daily would be 12 hour hours recording). Motion Activity is the amount of motion in each frame. If you have cameras with a tremendous amount of motion then choose higher than 50% average.
h.264 & h.265 Video Surveillance Storage Calculator
In order to calculate both video surveillance bandwidth and NVR storage, simply specify the following parameters in the video surveillance calculator. Make sure to “+add new camera type” to account for each type of IP camera and usage in order to accurately calculate the security system requirements. Whether you are looking for an NVR (Network Video Recorder) or Network Storage System, this Video Surveillance storage & bandwidth calculator will give you accurate results.
SHIELD | KEY NVR's
Arxys Shield | Key NVR's
When designing a security and video surveillance system, network bandwidth requirements and storage space for live recording and archiving video are crucial parameters. We designed the advanced Video Surveillance Bandwidth and Storage Calculator, to intelligently calculate both parameters automatically.
This smart tool obtains accurate estimations of network bandwidth and storage to enhance surveillance system design. Get estimations of required network bandwidth to shape network video systems with any number of IP cameras and video servers. Calculate the required HDD storage space for video archive. The Arxys Bandwidth and Storage Calculator utilizes the data from the surveillance configuration to show which storage servers will deliver the required bandwidth and capacity.
In order to calculate both bandwidth and storage, simply specify following parameters in the calculator. Make sure to “+add cameras” to account for each type of camera and usage in order to accurately calculate the system requirements. NVR and DVR video surveillance calculator.
- Resolution – Pixels
- Compression – Video compression quality Standard used
- Image Complexity – Frames from some CCTV cameras are more detailed and have a higher frame size, low complexity requires less bandwidth & storage, high complexity requires more.
- Motion % – Percentage of Pixel change when motion occurs. (Used for MPEG4 and H.264 bandwidth estimation)
- FPS – Frames per second recorded by the camera
- Days – Retention period in units of 24 hours
- Cameras – Number of each type of camera in the surveillance system
- Recording – Operational hours within a 24 hour period (continuous recording value is 24)
After the parameters are entered into the Bandwidth and Storage Calculator, the following results will be calculated and shown.
- FPS (kilobytes) – Frame size based on resolution and compression (in some cases you can measure your real frame size and specify it in this field)
- Useable Disk Space (Gigabytes) – Useable disk storage space required to store video archive (NOT RAW capacity, but the net required minimum useable capacity not including formatting, parity, expansion etc)
- Bandwidth (megabits per second) – How much network traffic is required for the cameras
- Get Guaranteed Quote – Click the button to send us the entire configuration requirements and get a guaranteed quote that meets your requirements.
- Qualified Solution- Table of Arxys | Shield Video surveillance storage appliances that are certified to deliver the required bandwidth and storage required.
Use our free online, guaranteed accurate, video surveillance storage and bandwidth calculator to accurately confirm your system requirements and calculate the required bandwidth and storage capacity of your video surveillance system.