Video Surveillance Calculator
Today’s modern video surveillance systems are running high definition resolutions, near real time frame rates and ever increasing retention months. Use our free online, guaranteed accurate video surveillance calculator to accurately confirm your system requirements and see which Arxys product is certified to meet your requirements.
Clients Have Used Our Calculator
NVR BANDWIDTH AND STORAGE CALCULATOR
In order to calculate both video surveillance bandwidth and NVR storage, simply specify the following parameters in the video surveillance calculator. Make sure to “+add new camera type” to account for each type of IP camera and usage in order to accurately calculate the security system requirements. Whether you are looking for an NVR (Network Video Recorder) or DVR (Digital Video Recorder) this Video Surveillance storage calculator will give you accurate results.
Bandwidth and Storage Calculator Instructions for Video Surveillance Calculator
When designing a security and video surveillance system, network bandwidth requirements and storage space for live recording and archiving video are crucial parameters. We designed the advanced Video Surveillance Bandwidth and Storage Calculator, to intelligently calculate both parameters automatically.
This smart tool obtains accurate estimations of network bandwidth and storage to enhance surveillance system design. Get estimations of required network bandwidth to shape network video systems with any number of IP cameras and video servers. Calculate the required HDD storage space for video archive. The Arxys Bandwidth and Storage Calculator utilizes the data from the surveillance configuration to show which storage servers will deliver the required bandwidth and capacity.
In order to calculate both bandwidth and storage, simply specify following parameters in the calculator. Make sure to “+add cameras” to account for each type of camera and usage in order to accurately calculate the system requirements. NVR and DVR video surveillance calculator.
- Resolution – Pixels
- Compression – Video compression quality Standard used
- Image Complexity – Frames from some CCTV cameras are more detailed and have a higher frame size, low complexity requires less bandwidth & storage, high complexity requires more.
- Motion % – Percentage of Pixel change when motion occurs. (Used for MPEG4 and H.264 bandwidth estimation)
- FPS – Frames per second recorded by the camera
- Days – Retention period in units of 24 hours
- Cameras – Number of each type of camera in the surveillance system
- Recording – Operational hours within a 24 hour period (continuous recording value is 24)
After the parameters are entered into the Bandwidth and Storage Calculator, the following results will be calculated and shown.
- FPS (kilobytes) – Frame size based on resolution and compression (in some cases you can measure your real frame size and specify it in this field)
- Useable Disk Space (Gigabytes) – Useable disk storage space required to store video archive (NOT RAW capacity, but the net required minimum useable capacity not including formatting, parity, expansion etc)
- Bandwidth (megabits per second) – How much network traffic is required for the cameras
- Get Guaranteed Quote – Click the button to send us the entire configuration requirements and get a guaranteed quote that meets your requirements.
- Qualified Solution- Table of Arxys | Shield Video surveillance storage appliances that are certified to deliver the required bandwidth and storage required.