Box Contents: #
- One 1U, 2U, or 4U Data Appliance for ArcGIS (Windows Server 2022)
- Data disk drives (Quantity as shipped
- Collections (Product option as shipped)
- Two 110V AC power cords
- One front bezel (black) w/ keys
- One set of adjustable sliding rails w/ mounting kit
Step 1 – Unpack the components
The Data Appliance for ArcGIS box includes removable front bezel for the server to cover and lock the hard drives. This is to prevent unauthorized persons from removing disks. Keys are also provided within its bag. Also included in the box are the adjustable sliding rails to mount your Data Appliance for ArcGIS server into a standard computer equipment rack. The mounting kit is located within the smaller box that is packed on top of the server. The contents of the box can be unpacked by a single person, but it is recommended that two people remove the server from the box.
Step 2 – Install the Data Appliance for ArcGIS into a computer equipment rack
The Data Appliance for ArcGIS ships with side rails that slide into the adjustable rails that are installed in the computer equipment rack. Depending on the depth of your rack cabinet, adjustments to the sliding rails may be required. Use the mounting screws provided to attach the sliding rails to your cabinet.
Step 3 – Cabling the Data Appliance for ArcGIS
The Data Appliance for ArcGIS requires two AC power sources. Two power cords are included in the smaller box that contains the mounting kit for the rails. Connect both power cords. Connect a monitor to the video port as well as a keyboard and mouse to their respective USB ports. Network connectivity is required during the operation of the Data Appliance for ArcGIS. Plug in a RJ-45
Ethernet cable into the Ethernet port of the Data Appliance for ArcGIS.
Step 4 – Power on the server
To turn on Data Appliance for ArcGIS, press the power button located on the front of the Data Appliance for ArcGIS. The Windows® Server 2022 operating system performs a number of system checks to verify the integrity of the file system. During this time, the hard drive activity LEDs on Data Appliance for ArcGIS will blink. Allow the Data Appliance for ArcGIS to boot into the Windows® Server 2022 operating system.
Step 5 – System Licensing and Activation
Once the Data Appliance for ArcGIS completely boots, follow the onscreen instructions to complete the license and activation of Windows® Server 2022.
- Select the correct country/region, time and currency, and keyboard layout that are appropriate. Click Next to continue
- The product key is found on the Microsoft® Certificate of Authenticity (COA) label located on the front center of the appliance. Similar to the removable material commonly found on lottery tickets or prize vouchers, this concealment panel is designed to protect the consumer’s product key from being obtained and used by unauthorized individuals. Carefully scratch off the concealment coating with a fingernail or coin to reveal the entire product key.
- Review and accept the Microsoft® Software License Terms and click Accept.
- Follow the instructions to set the administrative password for the system.
Note: Refer to the Data Appliance for ArcGIS User Guide for Windows on the Arxys website for information on activating Windows without Internet access or for additional details on system setup.
Step 6 – Logging into the Data Appliance for ArcGIS
The system will present a Windows log in screen with “Press CTRL + ALT + DEL to log in” displayed on the screen. Press CTRL + ALT + DEL on the keyboard. Follow the onscreen instructions.
Step 7 – Windows Updates
The Data Appliance for ArcGIS ships with the Windows Server 2022 operating system. Microsoft® routinely release updates and patches to improve stability and security. Any updates released after the Data Appliance for ArcGIS has shipped will need to be applied.
Step 8 – ArcGIS Data Appliance Set Up
Documentation to set up the ArcGIS Data Appliance is maintained by Esri and is located at: https://doc.arcgis.com/en/data-appliance/2023/get-started/what-is-da.htm
For Technical Support Contact:
Hours: Monday–Friday, 5:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m. (Pacific time)
International users—Support will be provided by your local Esri distributor.