VideoX V3 Enterprise Quick Installation Guide Windows Server 2019 #
- One R12ES VideoX V3 Enterprise Appliance
- Rackmount Rail Kit
- Two AC power cords
- VideoX V3 Enterprise Front Bezel / Cover
Step 1 – Unpack the components
The VideoX V3 Enterprise Appliance is shipped without its hard drives installed. Operating system SSDs or database SSDs are shipped installed. Carefully remove the VideoX V3 Enterprise Appliance from its shipping box.
Step 2 – Install the Rackmount Kit on the Chassis
A rackmount rail kit is included with VideoX V3 Enterprise Appliance. Refer to the documentation shipped with the rackmount rail kit.
Step 3 – Cabling the VideoX V3 Enterprise
The VideoX V3 Enterprise Appliance requires two AC power sources. Connect both power cords. Only connect a monitor to the VGA port. Connect a keyboard and mouse to any available USB port. Network connectivity is required during the operation of the VideoX V3 Enterprise. Plug in at least one Ethernet cable into an Ethernet port of the VideoX V3 Enterprise. A network cable should also be connected to the management port for later usage.
Step 4 – Install Hard Disk Drives
Before powering on the VideoX V3 Enterprise insert all the hard disk drives into the chassis. Each hard disk drive/tray that was received should be inserted into the chassis. Verify that the serial number marked on each hard disk drive/tray match the serial number of the VideoX Enterprise Appliance. Install the hard disk drives into the empty hard disk slots of the VideoX V3 Enterprise Appliance in any order. Make sure to press the drive carrier handle closed until it clicks in place and that the drive trays all sit flush with the chassis.
Step 5 – Power on the server
To turn on VideoX V3 Enterprise, press the power button located on the front-left of the VideoX V3 Enterprise. The system will power on. During this time, the hard drive activity LEDs on the VideoX V3 Enterprise will blink. Allow the VideoX V3 Enterprise to boot into Windows® 2019 Server operating system.
Step 6 – Windows® Server 2019 Setup
Once the VideoX V3 Enterprise completely boots, follow the onscreen instructions to complete the configuration Windows® 2019 Server;
- Select the correct country/region, preferred app language, and keyboard layout that are appropriate. Click Next to continue.
- The product key is found on the Microsoft® Certificate of Authenticity (COA) label located on the front left corner of the appliance. Similar to the removable material commonly found on lottery tickets or prize vouchers, this concealment panel is designed to protect the consumer’s product key from being obtained and used by unauthorized individuals. Carefully scratch off the concealment coating with a fingernail or coin to reveal the entire product key.
Arxys is unable to recover or provide an alternate product key should the COA be damaged.
- Review and accept the Microsoft® Software License Terms and click Accept.
- Follow the instructions to set the administrative password for the appliance. Please note that the appliance ships without an administrative password. The password set here will create the only set of credentials that can be used to log into the appliance. Arxys is unable to reset this account.
Step 7 – Logging into the VideoX V3 Enterprise
Follow the onscreen instructions to log in using the password set in step 6.4
Step 8 – Installation of Video Management Software
The VideoX V3 Enterprise can be shipped with various video management platform packages. If a specific VMS package was requested with the purchase of the appliance, the platform installation package will auto run when the system is first used. The platform installation packages will be located in the folder located at C:\ArxysSupport\Applications. For additional information on installing, licensing, and configuring VMS see the VMS documentation.
The VideoX V3 Enterprise ships with the Windows® Server 2019 operating appliance. Microsoft® routinely release updates and patches to improve stability and security. Any updates released after the VideoX V3 Enterprise has shipped will need to be applied.