VideoX V4 Rugged/Milspec Quickstart Guide #
Windows Server 2022 #
- One M12EN VideoX V4 Rugged/Milspec Appliance
- Two AC power cords
- VideoX V4 EMI/EMF filtering Front Bezel / Cover (integrated to unit)
The VideoX V4 Rugged/Milspec Appliance is shipped with all its hard drives installed. Carefully remove the VideoX V4 Rugged/Milspec Appliance from its shipping box.
Step 1 – Install the Rackmount Kit on the Chassis
A rackmount rail kit is included with VideoX V4 Rugged/Milspec Appliance. Refer to the documentation shipped with the rackmount rail kit.
Step 2 – Cabling the VideoX V4 Enterprise
The VideoX V4 Rugged/Milspec Appliance requires two AC power sources (1). Connect both power cords. Connect a monitor to the VGA port (6). Connect a keyboard and mouse to any available USB port (4). Network connectivity is required during the operation of the VideoX V4 Enterprise. Plug in at least one Ethernet cable into an Ethernet port of the VideoX V4 Enterprise (5) for copper, (7) for optical). A network cable should also be connected to the management port for later usage (3), however management can also be done over the optical connection.
Step 3 – Power on the server
Before powering on the VideoX V4 Rugged/Milspec Appliance, allow the system to complete its pre power on check. During this check the power LED will flash green.
Wait until the power LED is off (40-60 seconds) and then wait an additional 15 seconds.
Now press the power button located on the front-left of the VideoX V4 Rugged/Milspec Appliance. The system will power on. During this time, the hard drive activity LEDs on the VideoX V4 Rugged/Milspec Appliance will blink. Allow the VideoX V4 Rugged/Milspec Appliance to boot into Windows® 20019 Server operating system.
Step 4 – Windows® Setup
Once the VideoX V4 Rugged/Milspec Appliance completely boots, follow the onscreen instructions to complete the configuration Windows® 2019 Server.
- Select the correct country/region, preferred app language, and keyboard layout that are appropriate. Click Next to continue.
- The product key is found on the Microsoft® Certificate of Authenticity (COA) label located on the front left corner of the appliance. Similar to the removable material commonly found on lottery tickets or prize vouchers, this concealment panel is designed to protect the consumer’s product key from being obtained and used by unauthorized individuals. Carefully scratch off the concealment coating with a fingernail or coin to reveal the entire product key.
Arxys is unable to recover or provide an alternate product key should the COA be damaged.
- Review and accept the Microsoft® Software License Terms and click Accept.
- Follow the instructions to set the administrative password for the appliance. Please note that the appliance ships without an administrative password. The password set here will create the only set of credentials that can be used to log into the appliance. Arxys is unable to reset this account.
Step 5 – Logging into the VideoX V4 Rugged/Milspec Appliance
Follow the onscreen instructions to log in using the password set in step 4.4
Step 6 – Installation of Video Management Software
The VideoX V4 Rugged/Milspec Appliance can be shipped with various video management platform packages. If a specific VMS package was requested with the purchase of the appliance, the platform installation package will auto run when the system is first used. The platform installation packages will be located in the folder located at C:\ArxysSupport\Applications. For additional information on installing, licensing, and configuring VMS see the VMS documentation.
Step 7 – Windows Updates
The VideoX V4 Rugged/Milspec Appliance ships with the Windows® Server 2019 operating appliance. Microsoft® routinely release updates and patches to improve stability and security. Any updates released after the VideoX V4 Rugged/Milspec Appliance has shipped will need to be applied.