VideoX V4 Enterprise Quickstart Guide #
Windows Server 2022 #
- One R4E or R4M VideoX V4 Enterprise Appliance
- One Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adaptor
- Rackmount Rail Kit
- VideoX V4 Enterprise Front Bezel / Cover
Step 1 – Unpack the components
The VideoX V4 Enterprise Appliance is shipped with its hard drives installed. Operating system SSDs or database SSDs are also shipped installed. Carefully remove the VideoX V4 Enterprise Appliance from its shipping box.
Step 2 – Install the Rackmount Kit on the Chassis
A rackmount rail kit is included with VideoX V4 Enterprise Appliance. Refer to the documentation shipped with the rackmount rail kit.
Step 3 – Cabling the VideoX V4 Enterprise
The VideoX V4 Enterprise Appliance requires two AC power sources (6). Connect both power cords. Connect a monitor to the mini display port (or use the mini display port to VGA adaptor) (1). Connect a keyboard and mouse to any available USB port (2). Network connectivity is required during the operation of the VideoX V4 Enterprise. Plug in at least one Ethernet cable into an Ethernet port of the VideoX V4 Enterprise (6). A network cable should also be connected to the management port for later usage (3).
Step 4 – Power on the server
Before powering on the VideoX V4 Enterprise, allow the system to complete its pre power on check. During this check the power LED will flash green.
Wait until the power LED is off (40-60 seconds) and then wait an additional 15 seconds.
Now press the power button located on the front-left of the VideoX V4 Enterprise. The system will power on. During this time, the hard drive activity LEDs on the VideoX V4 Enterprise will blink. Allow the VideoX V4 Enterprise to boot into Windows® 2022 Server operating system.
Step 5 – Windows® Setup
Once the VideoX V4 Enterprise completely boots, follow the onscreen instructions to complete the configuration Windows® 2022 Server.
- Select the correct country/region, preferred app language, and keyboard layout that are appropriate. Click Next to continue.
- The product key is found on the Microsoft® Certificate of Authenticity (COA) label located on the front left corner of the appliance. Similar to the removable material commonly found on lottery tickets or prize vouchers, this concealment panel is designed to protect the consumer’s product key from being obtained and used by unauthorized individuals. Carefully scratch off the concealment coating with a fingernail or coin to reveal the entire product key.
Arxys is unable to recover or provide an alternate product key should the COA be damaged.
- Review and accept the Microsoft® Software License Terms and click Accept.
- Follow the instructions to set the administrative password for the appliance. Please note that the appliance ships without an administrative password. The password set here will create the only set of credentials that can be used to log into the appliance. Arxys is unable to reset this account.
Step 6 – Logging into the VideoX V4 Enterprise
Follow the onscreen instructions to log in using the password set in step 5.4
Step 7 – Installation of Video Management Software
The VideoX V4 Enterprise can be shipped with various video management platform packages. If a specific VMS package was requested with the purchase of the appliance, the platform installation package will auto run when the system is first used. The platform installation packages will be located in the folder located at C:\ArxysSupport\Applications. For additional information on installing, licensing, and configuring VMS see the VMS documentation.
Step 8 – Windows Updates
The VideoX V4 Enterprise ships with the Windows® Server 2022 operating appliance. Microsoft® routinely release updates and patches to improve stability and security. Any updates released after the VideoX V4 Enterprise has shipped will need to be applied.