Arxys | Sentio with Jovian DDS On- & Off-site Data Protection is a solution that prevents data loss and corruption threats thanks to:
- Easy-to-use, e cient backups of mission-critical data
- Scalability and ability to store backups on separate servers on- and off-site to ensure maximum data security
- Instant disaster recovery with unparalleled exibility – restore from 5 minutes ago or 2 years in the past if needed
- Provides data security and ensures Business Continuity in combination with a High Availability Cluster
The On- & Off site Data Protection feature is a strategy for Storage, Backup, Disaster Recovery and Archiving (optional) that allows for an instant restore of a company’s crucial data in case of an unexpected disaster. Open-E Jovian DDS Software Defined Storage.
On- & Off-site Data Protection enables creating consistent snapshots of chosen resources and asynchronous replication to remote (or local) destinations.
The rotational auto-snapshots of a chosen dataset or zvol are stored according to a retention-interval plan for secure and structured data archiving that can be set according to specific user needs for on or off site data protection.
- Backup of everything. All running virtual machines with applications and data, even databases backups, are consistent (in VMware environment).
- Solved problem of Backup Window. Backup Window is reduced to minutes, only delta of all-data is replicated every interval.
- Protection against ransomware. Very frequent snapshots with instant access to all data provide a fast roll-back to the state before a virus attack.
- Instant access / restoration of old images. Old images and data versions can be accessed / restored quickly. Thanks to SMB, all users have direct access to “Previous Versions”, with no need for an administrator’s help.
- Instant Disaster Recovery. All data and single virtual machines can be restored within just minutes.
- Reliable backup of mission critical data. Multiple backup destinations with user defined retention-interval plans for source and destination.
- Very light backup engine. Continuous interval-based replication working in the background, having only slight influence on production, with an option to skip virtual machine snapshots in very heavy load time frames.
- Optional removal and rotation of backup media. Thanks to Export/Import service, users can safely remove the backup media (disks) and rotate them with other set, or move to other location.
- Clustered environments. It is possible to use the On- & Off-site Data Protection functionality in clustered environments with Open-E JovianDSS.
- Encrypted transport. The data stream is encrypted with SSH and sent via the Internet.
Download the off site data protection Solution Brief