VideoX United States Warranty #
The Arxys VideoX Warranty for the United States is designed to minimize downtime in the unlikely event of a hardware failure. Arxys utilizes security partner self-repair, hot swappable disk drive modules and server power supply modules. After troubleshooting the system and identifying the possible fault, the Security Partner creates a trouble ticket at https://support.arxys.com to receive technical assistance. Our Technical Support Engineers will confirm the security partners findings and authorize the dispatch of replacement parts. In situations where the security partner’s troubleshooting was not unable to identify a fault, Arxys technicians may assist in attempting to diagnose hardware faults.
Hardware Warranty Period #
This standard VideoX hardware warranty period is 3 years from the date of purchase. It is designed to provide hassle-free restoration of fault-tolerant service while maintaining your specific software configuration and data. The 3-year period includes advanced parts replacement on SRMs to ensure continuous operation.
An optional VideoX hardware warranty period of 5 years from the date of purchase is available for purchase. The terms of coverage are the same as the 3-year warranty, the only difference is the period of coverage. In all cases, the 5-year warranty upgrade must be purchased at the time of system purchase in order to qualify for standard 5-year warranty pricing. In no case will purchasing a 5-year warranty upgrade the warranty beyond the 5 years from the time of purchase.
If a 5-year warranty upgrade is desired after the time of purchase please contact Arxys for a custom quote. This type of warranty extension will not qualify for the standard 5-year warranty pricing. A warranty reinstatement fee and warranty upgrade cost to extend the warranty to 5 will be required.
Hardware Warranty Coverage #
The hardware warranty covers defects in components, materials, and workmanship in Arxys VideoX NVR products, Arxys VideoX NVR components, and Arxys VideoX NVR storage devices purchased from Arxys. This includes:
- Hard disk drives and solid-state drives included with the system
- Power supplies included with the system
- Cooling fans and other cooling related components
- RAID controllers, Network Interface Cards, Graphics Processing Units, and other add in cards include with the system
- System memory
- Internal cabling
- Chassis backplanes
- System boards
Assistance through the ticket system and documentation to replace/repair these components is also included.
Items The Hardware Warranty Coverage Does Not Cover #
Software, including without limitation, the operating system and video management software and associated software added to the Arxys VideoX NVR product. Third-party software or the reloading of software.
- Non-Arxys products and accessories
- Problems that result directly or indirectly from:
- External causes such as accidents, abuse, misuse, or problem with electrical power
- Networking related issues outside of the Arxys NVR
- Servicing not authorized by Arxys
- Usage not in accordance with product instructions, including intended purpose and environmental conditions.
- Installation not in accordance with product documentation
- Failure to follow the product instructions or failure to perform preventative maintenance.
- Systems with missing or altered serial numbers
- Systems for which Arxys has not received payment
- Normal wear and tear
Hardware Warranty Claim Overview #
The typical hardware warranty process consists of:
- A security partner identifies a hardware fault with a system covered under the Arxys hardware warranty.
- The security partner creates a trouble ticket and includes a complete description of the issue and any troubleshooting steps taken.
- Arxys support will review the ticket and if needed request additional information if needed which is typically limited to system logs.
- Arxys support may request additional troubleshooting be performed in order to verify hardware failure.
- Arxys support will request a SRM be dispatched after confirming the system is covered under warranty via serial number.
- Security partner receives the SRM and completes the repair
- Security partner returns any and all failed components replaced within 15 days
|General Support||Parts||Disk Failure||Power Supply Failure|
|Installation, maintenance, and initial configuration assistance is available for the security partner from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Pacific time, Monday through Friday (holidays excluded) via ticket system.|
Additional troubleshooting assistance to security partners is also available through the ticket system but is limited to hardware related faults.
|Replacement self-repair modules are shipped by Standard Overnight|
Security partners has fifteen days to return failed components.
|Replacement disk drive module is shipped for delivery on the next business day|
Security partner replaces the hot swappable disk drive module in minutes
The system automatically begins rebuilding data on the replaced disk while the system remains fully usable.
|Replacement power supply module is shipped for deliver on the next business day|
Security partner replaces the hot swappable power supply module in minutes while system remains fully usable.
In the event a hardware failure is diagnosed, Arxys will ship the security partner a self-repair module (SRM) for self-replacement. These items will be shipped via Standard Overnight delivery next business day. Replacement hardware will ship on the same day for problems diagnosed and approved by 12:00 p.m. Pacific time, or the next business day for problems diagnosed after 12:00 p.m. Pacific time. The security partner will perform the replacement of the SRM and will ship back the failed SRM back to Arxys.
Arxys Security Partner Options #
|Drive (HDD or SSD) and rails/tray||Self-replacement|
|Power Supply Module||Self-replacement|
|Cooling Fans and other components||Self-replacement|
|Add-in Card (RAID controllers, Network Interface Cards, Graphic Processors, etc.||Self-replacement|
|Internal data cables (SAS, SATA etc)||Self-replacement|
|System board / Processors||Self-replacement or Return To Factory|
|Chassis components (LEDs, switches, buttons)||Return To Factory|
Some parts do not qualify for return to depot replacement under the warranty. These types of parts must be replaced by the security partner. These SRMs typically do not require specialized tools, are hot-swappable, or are considered plug and play. Other parts will qualify for return to deport for replacement although the security partner may request a SRM package. These parts may require additional tools, removal of additional parts, hardware or software reconfiguration.
All Arxys warranties and support are applicable exclusively in the United States. Other countries and territories will be determined on a case by case basis and will incur additional costs.
Classified Disk Drive Replacement Warranty Upgrade #
Arxys’ Classified Disk Drive Replacement Warranty is specially designed for Customers with sensitive or classified data such as the Department of Defense. In the event of a disk drive failure Arxys will ship a complete replacement disk drive in a drive carrier. The Customer/contractor removes the magnetic hard drive platters from the failed disk drive and returns only the drive carrier, drive casing and the top cover of the disk drive which includes the drive label and serial number. The Customer/contractor keeps the magnetic hard drive platters. Please call for pricing.
Basic Provisions of All Arxys United States Warranty Programs #
- A warranty is provided on a system-level basis. If Arxys-provided equipment or software is added to a system, the warranty cost for these items will be charged on a pro-rated basis to run concurrent with the primary system warranty and will be at the same warranty level as the primary system.
- If the Customer adds non-Arxys equipment or software to a system, the warranty for the system will end.
- If warranty coverage is not maintained continuously for a system, the Customer may purchase at a time and material (T&M) rate a recertification of the system. Any repairs or costs associated with bringing the system back to Arxys specifications will also be charged on a T&M basis.
- Customers who have not purchased a warranty plan or are not covered by the warranty may purchase services on a time and material basis, and the services will be provided by Arxys on an as-available basis.
- Replacement parts used in providing warranty services may be new, reconditioned, or certified by Arxys; may be of various manufacturers; and will provide equal or better performance and/or capacity than the original item. Replacement parts are warranted for the remaining life of the purchased warranty and do not in any event extend the warranty life of the system or individual components.
- Unless special warranty options have been purchased or arrangements have been made in advance, all parts removed from Customer’s systems for replacement under warranty become the property of Arxys. Customer shall pay Arxys at the current retail price(s) for any service parts removed from the system and retained by the Customer or not returned to Arxys within 15 business days of receipt of replacement parts.
- Warranty support is supplied only for the operation of the Arxys-provided equipment and does not extend to any troubleshooting of, assistance with, or configuration of external systems and/or software connected to the Arxys systems.
- Prior to the expiration of the warranty term, the Customer may extend the term of the warranty or upgrade the service level of the warranty at the then current price. If the service level is upgraded, Arxys reserves the right to recertify the system and a fee may be charged. Any upgrade in warranty level will not apply to conditions existing with the system prior to the effective date of the upgrade in warranty and may incur time and material charges to bring the system into warrantable condition.
- It is the Customer’s responsibility to back up data on the Customer’s system. While every attempt has been made to provide redundancy in the hardware, Arxys shall not be held responsible for loss of or damage to data or loss of use of any computer or network systems.
- Customer acknowledges that Arxys’ performance and delivery of the services are contingent upon Customer providing access to its personnel; facilities; equipment; hardware; software; network; and information including logs and Customer’s timely decision making, notification of relevant issues or information, and granting of approvals and/or permission. Customer will promptly obtain and provide to Arxys any required consents necessary for Arxys’ performance of the services described herein. Arxys’ personnel will be granted access to the items listed above during the entire window of service coverage. If access must be limited to a fixed window of time, a surcharge may apply.
- Tariffs, duties, taxes and other related expenses to do with the exporting/importing and/or returning replacement and defective items will be the sole responsibility of the customer. Charges for these expenses may be charged to the customer’s International Freight Forwarder account. In the event the customer does not have an account, charges for expenses associated with tariffs, duties taxes will be billed to the customer’s credit card. An authorized credit card will be required to be on file with Arxys prior to the shipment of replacement components. Arxys will select an International Freight Forwarder for all such related expenses excepting material and freight expenses unless the customer specifies one.
- LIMITATION OF SERVICES. When services consist of repair of Arxys systems, such services shall be those repair services that are necessary because of any existing defect or if a defect occurs in material or workmanship in the system or in any system component covered by this agreement. PREVENTIVE MAINTENANCE IS NOT INCLUDED. REPAIRS NECESSITATED BY SOFTWARE PROBLEMS; FAILURE TO PERFORM PREVENTIVE MAINTENANCE; OR AS A RESULT OF ALTERATION, ADJUSTMENT, OR REPAIR BY ANYONE OTHER THAN ARXYS OR ITS REPRESENTATIVES ARE NOT INCLUDED. Services do not include repair of any system or system component that has been damaged as a result of (a) accident, misuse, or abuse of the system or component by anyone other than Arxys; (b) an act of GOD such as, but not limited to, lightning, flooding, tornadoes, earthquakes, and hurricanes; or (c) the moving of the system from one location to another.
- LIMITED WARRANTY. ARXYS WARRANTS THAT SERVICES WILL BE PERFORMED IN A GOOD AND WORKMANLIKE MANNER. EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY STATED IN THE PRECEDING SENTENCE, ARXYS MAKES NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICES INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY WARRANTY RELATING TO THIRD-PARTY PRODUCT; ANY WARRANTY WITH RESPECT TO THE PERFORMANCE OF ANY HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE USED IN CONDUCTING SERVICES; ANY WARRANTY CONCERNING THE RESULTS TO BE OBTAINED FROM THE SERVICES OR THE RESULTS OF ANY RECOMMENDATION ARXYS MAY MAKE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES CONCERNING THE PERFORMANCE, MERCHANTABILITY, SUITABILTY, NONINFRINGEMENT, OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OF ANY OF THE DELIVERABLE OR OF ANY SYSTEM THAT MAY RESULT FROM THE IMPLEMENTATION OF ANY RECOMMENDATION ARXYS MAY PROVIDE.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. NEITHER PARTY WILL BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, NOR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF, OR IN CONNECTION WITH, THE SERVICES PROVIDED BY ARXYS EVEN IF A PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. EXCEPT FOR CLAIMS THAT THE SERVICES CAUSED BODILY INJURY (INCLUDING DEATH), ARXYS’ TOTAL LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF, OR IN CONNECTION WITH, ANY EVENT OR SERIES OF CONNECTED EVENTS OCCURRING IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICES THAT ARE THE SUBJECT OF THE CLAIM SHALL NOT EXCEED THE AMOUNT OF FEES PAID UNDER THIS AGREEMENT FOR THE SPECIFIC SERVICE DURING THE PRIOR YEAR.